Oat & Apricot Cookies
Fruity, nutty and seedy cookies.
A range of textures and flavours make these oatcakes so special!
Combining pumpkin seeds, walnuts, apricots and coconuts with a delicately spiced edge, you couldn’t really ask for more from a cookie.
- 110g organic gluten free oats
- 100g apricots – chopped
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g crushed walnuts
- 25g desiccated coconut
- Pinch pink salt
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 50g melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp water
Preheat oven to Gas mark 4/350°.
- First, make the chia egg but adding the chia and water to a small bowl – mix and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan (low heat) and then pour into a separate bowl, add in the banana, maple syrup & chia egg– mix to combine everything.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix really well to combine everything.
- Grease your baking tray with a little coconut oil then wet your hands before scooping up chunks of the mix with your hands then place on the baking tray. Continue until you have used up all the mix.
- Flatten the cookies a little then bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before eating – if you can!